Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Breakfast at Panagio's

The only western breakfast place I usually go to is Cora's Breakfast, but lately I wanted to try out EggSmart and Panagio's after I saw yummy pictures of their food on Facebook. So one Sunday morning I finally gave Panagio's a try.  I was there at around 10:30am on a Sunday and there was no line up or anything for a seat unlike Cora's, which was a major bonus.  I think their menu is actually more extensive than Cora's too! And possibly heartier as there is a dish that has steak, and a lot of their dishes consisted of 3 to 4 eggs.

I was really tempted to get an omlette because I really like them, but I decided to give eggs benedict a try since I have never eaten it before (seen friends eat it several times though).  The hollandaise sauce at Panagio's is very delicious!!! Justin said he had eggs benedict once before and didn't like it, but he liked this one! The ham was very delicious too.


Eggs Benny: 2 poached eggs placed on ham and toasted english muffins topped with hollandaise sauce ($10.99)


Justin got Panagio's Big Breakfast: 4 eggs, 2 bacon strips, 2 sausages, 2 pieces of ham, and 2 fluffy pancakes ($10.99)


The pancakes! I think the batter was very thick and sweet.


I think everything comes with home fries and fruits, but the Big Breakfast (along with possibly some other items) came with 4 pieces of toast. I still personally believe Cora's home fries taste better, but everything else here is definitely up to par with Cora's and other breakfast places I've been to in Hamilton.  I think the portions at Panagio's are more appropriate in size too...because often at Cora's I have a lot of food leftover. 

Definitely will come back sometime for brunch : )   They also have TV's in the restaurant!!! 


Panagio's Breakfast & Lunch on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment