Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Nomming with Whitney - EDO

So I have decided that since I am now trying to be a more 'serious' foodie, I should also write about restaurants that I visited prior to starting this blog. I'll be posting them weekly or so along with posts of places that I visited recently : ) 

Justin and I visited EDO (Eglington branch) for Summerlicious of 2011. It was the only Summerlicious restaurant that I went to that summer, and what made me decide on EDO was the fact that their menu had KOBE BEEF. I knew going in it wouldn't be as amazing as the ones at Kobe, but it's as close as I can get, so I'll take it!


Appetizers:

Complimentary surprise.

Shabu-Shabu Salad. I loved the sauce and the meat was very tender.

Tsuke Sha-ke Yukari Salad. Also delicious



Assorted Sushi. My favourite were the eel + cream cheese rolls.


Entree:  We both got the hamburg steak.


Kobe beef hamburger steak with black sesame and wasabi mayo sauce.


Dessert:


Chocolate fondue. Chocolate was bitter unfortunately : ( 



Umeshu pear.


I really enjoyed dinner here. There were so many dishes and it was only $35! Normally a lot of winter/summerlicious restaurants I go to, I never like all of the dishes served and I really enjoyed all of the ones at EDO. Except the fondue...but that was just because  I don't like dark chocolate.  The chef also came out at the end of the night and went around the restaurant to talk to everybody : )


I didn't go again during Winterlicious though because the menu didn't sound as intriguing.  I'd like to re-visit and try their normal menu sometime though : ) 

Edo on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment