Monday, June 25, 2012

Pastel Creperie & Dessert House

I went to Pastel Creperie & Dessert House with my friends for dessert one night because I was intrigued by their Shaved Ice Cream!!  I didn't end up getting it though because I heard it was on the light side and slightly underwhelming.  I was quite hungry that night (small dinner because I cooked for myself -_- ) so I ordered a dessert on my own even. 


Horace got the Shortcake Waffle which is topped with strawberries, blueberries, sponge cake, strawberry ice cream.  It looked delicious!!! I should've tried some...


I got the Nuts Waffle which is topped with almonds, walnuts, pecans, cereal and, cappucino almond ice cream.  My waffle came only slightly warm and a bit hard which was disappointing... and I didn't expect the nuts to be so small : (   I suppose it would be easier to eat this in crepe form.  However, when you eat the waffle with whipped cream and ice cream, it becomes quite tasty!



Adrienne got the Green Tea Frostly Flakes (aka Green Tea shaved Ice cream) which comes with Red Bean paste and bits of Oreo cookie. I tried some and it's quite light in taste and texture, so it would be the perfect snack for people who aren't that hungry.



Justin got the Green Tea Crepe which is green tea ice cream (home-made) and a crepe with red bean and sponge cake filling.  The crepe was really good but is was pretty small in size compared to the waffles, which are for only $1 more. 




They also have a wide variety of cakes on display and their menu is amazing as it comes in a photo album form - so you can see exactly what each dish will look like.  I think Pastel is a great place to go for dessert if you get tired of going to Demetres uptown. 

Pastel Creperie & Dessert House on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment